Sunday, August 22, 2010

Next? a llama!

Katie and I brought the goats home yesterday. We had to drive past the Mall of Georgia and we literally had people snapping picture of the goats at traffic lights. I guess those city folks don't see many goats. It was pretty funny, three goats in two dog crates in the back of a pick up truck. We stopped at a McDonalds to use the potty and get a drink and on our way back to the truck, a girl jumped out of a car in the drive through line and came running over to talk to us about the goats and pet them. I guess we created quite the distraction.

I sent off an application to adopt a llama from the Southeast Llama Rescue this week and I got a phone call from the area adoption coordinator yesterday. She has several llamas that might work out for us, and I'm really excited! I decided to go with a llama as a livestock guardian for the goats instead of a dog because there's less training involved, they eat what the goats eat, they'll stay in the fence, and I can learn to spin the fiber for my knitting. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment