Thursday, July 29, 2010

The proudest greyhound in the world...

Last night, Katie and I were hanging out in the living room. She was about to go to bed, and I asked her to let the dogs in. She opens the door, and too late, I noticed the creature hanging out of Alex the greyhound's mouth. He brings the thing in before I can do anything and drops it in the middle of the room. It's a huge rabbit, and still alive. I am dancing around the living room like an idiot screaming like a girl, trying to figure out what to do with it, when it gets up and runs into my bedroom. I follow it, wondering if it's under my bed, in my closet, behind boxes left over from the move...then the cat runs out of the bathroom. I go into the bathroom preceded by Lucy the Dachshund and find her picking at this poor terrified gigantic rabbit who is cornered by the toilet. I'm still contemplating what to do when the rabbit comes out and Alex scoops it up again. Finally I just grabbed the thing by it's hind legs and carried it outside. Al was none too happy about my stealing of the bunny. I dropped it on the other side of the backyard fence and haven't seen it since. Never a dull moment at the Embry farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment